Sunday 25 October 2015

Why Do People Think It's OK To Lie?

Here, I don't intend to claim that I don't lie. But I definitely don't think it's OK to lie and often fail terribly at it. Sometimes I have to lie, just to make a situation better. In such scenarios we all feel it's OK to lie because a 'small' lie can turn things in our favour. Well, yes. But why is it so?

Because we're a world obsessed with serendipity. Even though we see no potential of it happening, we still keep wishing it happens. Any consolation in that regard calms us and soothes what's burning inside.

But I don't want to soothe my fire. It is what keeps me from giving up and going berserk.
That is why I like brutally honest people. They might seem rude and harsh but atleast they're not pretending to be someone else. They are people we can bank on, people who are actually making the world a better place to live in.

I would trade my seven lives in this world for a year in a world where all the people are honest. Where you can make friends without the fear of being stabbed and express your real emotions without the fear of being misinterpreted.

That would be my utopia. Because of course, ' There is no legacy as rich as honesty'.



14 comments:

  1. I try my best to be honest with myself and others too.
    Some people get offended with my honesty, but some appreciate it! Even in a low tone, people do get hurt.
    And then, there are people who have a habit of lying- congenital liars. These people lie without any reason! It slowly becomes a habit. And then there is no going back.
    Conclusion: lie only when you think it's necessary. Or hide the truth till you think it's the right time. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You absolutely spoke my heart! It's not about saying the truth or lie, it's about the intention. But why can't we have both the honesty and the good intentions!

      Delete
    2. I try sincerely! Of course I have lied. I feel terrible while doing so. And I don't like being lied to. Now, I don't want to be a hypocrite, so I just keep trying. :)
      In some cases I have to lie to my parents, but... </3
      I am working on hiding the truth instead. :D hehehe

      Delete
    3. Hahaha it's okay. We're not finished products. We need to work on ourselves.

      Delete
  2. I too can't claim that I have never lied. Almost everyone lies or at-least at times hides the truth. Some rarely. Some not so rarely. But, as you said, most think it's okay to do so. Of course, world will be a much better place with all people honest. We are taught in childhood, 'Honesty is the best Policy', but rarely we see that honesty in our earlier lives, and tend to be reflections of the same. It would be insane to think that all people can be brutally honest. If somehow they do, this Earth would be a beautiful place. Very Interesting read. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree! Thank you so much for adding on to my thoughts. More thanks for appreciating and encouraging :)

      Delete
  3. Brilliantly written. It can be hard to write such truthful posts you know XD

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the same:) Honesty is the best policy. Wonderfully written:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should never be 'brutally honesty'. The art is to be honest in a positive and constructive way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly what you did with this comment. :) Yes, you're right.

      Delete
  6. amazing post! proud of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. True That.. :/
    Unfortunately just because we're a world obsessed with serendipity.
    Very Well Said ♡

    ReplyDelete